The Project Manager supports the day-to-day activity on assigned accounts, focused on the “How” and “When” of all account activity in accordance with the scope of work and strategic direction for the account. Works at an extremely fast pace, while motivating others and working cooperatively with and through people in order to complete projects. This position is responsible for supporting the management of assigned projects, from initiation through to completion.
- Manages the daily activity of all assigned jobs, ensuring priorities are set and deadlines are met.
- Keeps up to date project schedules, status reports, creative grids, etc.
- Works with project teams to confirm specs, closing dates and extensions as needed and files are delivered per the requirements of the project.
- Meets/communicates with client on a regular basis and serves as client contact as appropriate; develops trust.
- Manages the day-to-day activity of assigned accounts, ensuring the work is successfully completed within time and budget parameters
- while meeting quality of work expectations.
- Understands project objective and strategy; sets meetings and leads the team in identifying, communicating and developing solutions for any potential problems or opportunities related to tactical execution.
- Fosters collaboration and positive conflict resolution among team members.
- Ensures all team members are included and appropriately engaged, including the client and external resources.
- Works with discipline leaders to make team assignments for campaigns, initiatives and projects.
- Ensures the deployment of best fit internal and external resources, regardless of location.
- Leads the cross-functional team to develop project roadmaps, hours estimates and timelines; manages the team to the agreed upon roadmap, hours and timeline.
- Advises Account Director/Group Account Director when a client request is outside of the existing scope.
- Provides ongoing status updates on project timelines, budgets and hours to AD.
- Effectively and efficiently manages budgets.
- Effectively communicates project requirements to the appropriate teammates, including via job orders and change orders.
- Ensures teammates have all needed information and assets.
- Ensures all work has been appropriately reviewed internally before presentation to client.
- Leads QA, checking all materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures all necessary rights, clearances and authorizations are obtained, as outlined in the R&R Advertising Guidelines.
- Behaves as a selfless leader throughout the office/agency, inspiring and motivating the team.
- Reinforces and leads by example through R&R core values – vigilance, integrity, loyalty, drive, ingenuity, candor, accountability, tenacity, open-minded, respect
- Be a champion and student of client’s business and goals.
- Defend teams against unrealistic expectations.
- Partner with all departments to ensure all work is done on time, on strategy and on budget.
- Displays calm under pressure; helps the team stay grounded and focused during periods of intense pressure or uncertainty.
- Has a thorough understanding of the contract terms, as well as the agency’s financial and non-financial goals, for all assigned accounts.
- Maintains accurate daily time sheets, and encourages the same from others.
- Understands and abides by the agency’s business practices and philosophies as well as understands R&R’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or related field is preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage small to medium-sized projects independently on assigned accounts.
- Three (3) years’ of experience in project management or account management in a full service agency environment preferred.