The Group Account Director leads and manages all Salt Lake City accounts and new business. The position is accountable for managing client engagements including the overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of the agency’s services. This position is ultimately responsible for the accounts profitability and staff who service the accounts.
- Delivers high-value, strategically driven work for our clients.
- Provides strong leadership and strategic direction to the account team(s) and client utilizing sound judgment, demonstrating market/industry expertise, organization and commitment.
- Participates in Strategic Council meetings for a variety of clients.
- Establishes and builds strong personal working relationships with designated client contacts, overseeing client relationship mapping at the highest levels.
- Promotes and ensures the team is implementing the R&R Way process for each assigned accounts while collaborating with discipline leads.
- Remains in touch with agency’s day-to-day business on behalf of clients – knowledgeable and conversant in their key issues, competitive situation, industry trends and the projects assigned the agency as well as other communication partners.
- Demonstrates confidence, authority and level-headed decision making as the agency’s leadership voice on assigned accounts.
- Effectively and confidently balances the dual expectations and business goals of the clients and agency as well as the expectations of multiple clients and agency teams.
- Anticipates and addresses potential client relationship or revenue issues, advising agency management in time for the agency to act proactively.
- Leads development and oversees implementation of annual client planning.
- Monitors resources to ensure accounts are adequately and efficiently staffed to meet client needs and the necessary tools are provided to the staff; hires, interviews and makes staffing recommendations.
- Continually supports, inspires and motivates team members to think of innovative ways to solve the client’s problems.
- Oversees and provides growth/training opportunities, on-going feedback, absence request approvals and annual performance review to
- Client Partnership team members. Provides annual salary compensation recommendation to manager for approval.
- Prepares annual client billing projections (revenues and gross income) for agency planning.
- Seeks business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a supportive role in their development. Is familiar with overall agency goals and able to cross sell the various disciplines of marketing.
- Continually seeks to improve public speaking and presentation skills.
- Oversees the development of client case studies and provides newsworthy information to R&R self-promotions.
- Manages and responsible for the financial health and high-level relationship of the account(s).
- Gathers, analyzes and shares with the entire team all relevant information and insights regarding our clients’ business.
- Fosters collaboration and positive conflict resolution among team members.
- Understands and abides by the agency’s business practices and philosophies as well as understands R&R’s policies and procedures.
- Behaves as a selfless leader throughout the office/agency, inspiring and motivating the team.
- Reinforces and leads by example through R&R core values – vigilance, integrity, loyalty, drive, ingenuity, candor, accountability, tenacity, open-minded, respect
- Be a champion and student of client’s business and goals.
- Defend teams against unrealistic expectations.
- Partner with all departments to ensure all work is done on time, on strategy and on budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead multiple staff and the activity of at least more than one account.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or account management focused on strategic thinking and new business in a client organization or a full service agency environment is preferred, including at least 5 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams and supervising direct reports.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with strong verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with new business pitching, presentation skills and the ability to formulate a winning presentation through a story telling approach